Knowledge Handler

Information Sources & Information Sifting Techniques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Independence, Ohio, United States

I am a retired librarian, most recently serving at Indiana Wesleyan University's Cleveland Education Center.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Libraries Are Quiet Study Areas

Brian Mathews interviews Scotty Walden and discovers that he uses libraries as an area to study football plays. According to Walden:

I always viewed the library as a peaceful place where I could clear my head. As an undergrad I utilized the library at least 3-4 nights a week. I am one of those students/people that is better when I can get away from other people and noise to work. I found that I could concentrate and be much more productive in the library rather than my dorm room, student center, etc.

So, when I got the offensive coordinator job I reverted back to my study habits, which was to go to the library so I could have clear thoughts and clearly organize the offense. I think everyone learns different and libraries provide many different learning paths. Some people like me work well alone in a quiet place, while others work great in small or large groups which libraries also provide.

Walden notes that he learned self discipline and religious faith at home, and that these elements are key to his success as a coach.

-DD

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home