Knowledge Handler

Information Sources & Information Sifting Techniques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Independence, Ohio, United States

I am a retired librarian, most recently serving at Indiana Wesleyan University's Cleveland Education Center.

Friday, February 15, 2019

The Demise of Windows Mobile

Rob Enderle writes about the botched efforts to promote the use of Windows Mobile . Microsoft has announced that it is dropping support for the Windows Mobile operating system, and Enderle says that the lack of support (especially for the developer community) doomed the platform.

-DD







Disclosure: I have a special interest in Windows phones, as years ago I bought every member of my family Windows 6 phones, on the assumption that this mobile platform would rule as Microsoft rules the desktop environment. We discovered a lot of "glitches" with the phone, and the lack of developer support mentioned both in the Enderle article and in the videos. I was very disappointed with Microsoft when the firm shut down the "store" for Windows 6 mobile, as if a phone was reset only the old default applications were available to the user.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home