Knowledge Handler

Information Sources & Information Sifting Techniques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Independence, Ohio, United States

I am a retired librarian, most recently serving at Indiana Wesleyan University's Cleveland Education Center.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Exercise and Instruction

Mark McGraw calls attention to research indicating that twenty minutes of daily exercise can improve long-term memory.

I can believe this, because if I sit for hours the blood seems to pool in my legs. I become sleepy and unproductive. Walking around for even five minutes does more to awaken my mind than a cup of coffee.

Would it be wise for instructors to require that people get up and walk (or at least stretch) every 40 minutes to maximize information retention?

-DD

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home