Knowledge Handler

Information Sources & Information Sifting Techniques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Independence, Ohio, United States

I am a retired librarian, most recently serving at Indiana Wesleyan University's Cleveland Education Center.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Zeef and Other Curated Directories

Zeef advertises itself as a directory of information curated by subject experts. However, when I sought information on my university or several other topics with a substantial web presence, I discovered that there was little or no content on the topics. This company might offer opportunities for a person who wants to curate a specialized website in their area of expertise.

A more mature example of a curated directory would be ABOUT.COM or the Internet Public Library.

-DD

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home