Knowledge Handler

Information Sources & Information Sifting Techniques

My Photo
Name:
Location: Independence, Ohio, United States

I am a retired librarian, most recently serving at Indiana Wesleyan University's Cleveland Education Center.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Information Sharing Increases Value

Information sharing can increase the value of what you already know. As George Bernard Shaw said:
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
Note: The SPARKY awards were developed to foster student appreciation for information sharing. I found the Shaw quote in an announcement for the SPARKY awards.
-D.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home